I make almond milk a lot, but I inevitably end up with leftover pulp. I don’t like wasting food, so I make cookies out of the pulp. I made these ones today and they were pretty good. And they’re gluten free! I eat gluten but a lot of people don’t and I want to have recipes for everyone. Here are the ingredients I used:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (I got it in bulk)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (in a glass bottle)
- pulp from one batch of almond milk (this is about a cup)
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour (I got it in bulk)
Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add egg and vanilla. Beat until combined.
Add almond meal and brown rice flour. Mix well.
Form into two-inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet. I used a Silpat.
Bake until firm, 25-30 minutes.